Alan B. Schorr, DO, FAAIM, FACE
Dr. Alan Schorr is a specialist in Endocrinology and Diabetes and has been in private practice since 1986. He specializes in diseases of the Endocrine and Metabolic systems, with expertise in the use of state-of-the-art technology (insulin pump therapy, continuous glucose monitoring, dual pump therapy) in the treatment of adults and children with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.
Dr. Schorr is the recipient of numerous professional awards and has authored many medical journal articles. He lectures extensively in the United States and abroad on diseases of the Endocrine system with a focus on technology in the treatment of Diabetes Mellitus.
Dr. Schorr’s other interests include traveling, photography, Holocaust studies, and watching his favorite hockey team, The Philadelphia Flyers.
Education and Training
- American College of Endocrinology (FACE)
- American Academy of Internal Medicine (FAAIM)
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases
- Internal Medicine
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases-Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, PA
- Metropolitan Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine-Kirksville, Missouri
Hospital Affiliation-Saint Mary Medical Center
- Chairman -Department of Internal Medicine
- Subsection Head - Division of Endocrinology
- Chairman- By-laws Committee
- Clinical Investigator-DEC-PA, LLC.
- Data Safety Monitoring Board/Clinical Events Committee-Medtronic Diabetes
- Science 37
- Clinical Associate Professor - Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Clinical Adjunct Professor - Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Clinical Assistant Professor - Jefferson College of Nursing
- Technology and Diabetes (Insulin Pumps, Continuous Glucose Monitoring, Dual Pump therapy, Sensors)
- Diseases of the Pituitary Gland
- Integration of personalized care with medical innovation